Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Just Keep Moving

When we set a goal there's always going to be something along the way that causes difficulty. That's why they're called goals- because you have to work for it.

For a few months now I've been on a medicine-Hydrortisone.  I have to take it multiple times a day because my adrenal glands stopped producing cortisone. If I miss enough doses my body will go into adrenal shock.  Recently, it has started to show its side-effects leaving my joints and muscles aching; but the marathon isn't going to wait for me- I have to keep going.  Some days I will run better or farther than other runs and other days I won't do as well as I hoped. But at least I was out and tried.

On Memorial Day my Dad and I competed in the Amazing Race event. You went from clue to clue performing the different challenges it calls for.  This was my first real game/ workout event in several years; so I was excited!  Although the tasks weren't extreme physical activities it still felt great to be out and doing something semi-normal to what I've been accustomed to years before. 
I now know that I am capable of more that I knew. This just means I have to keep pushing even if I don't see the results I want or results in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment