Monday, May 30, 2011

Starting From Scratch

When you try to explain to someone that you can't run a half mile without resting AND put the word "marathon" in the same sentence; it can cause some confusion. 
     
I've already seen minute changes in my distance and overall feeling in my legs when I run. When I first tried running just months after I finished chemo running was painful. Every step/stride was like someone was hitting my head with a pot. The feeling was so awkward, not only in my head but my legs too. They felt like they were going to break at any momment!  But now, I don't have that and that, is just another good outcome I've overcome and can look past now.

 I can now run .13 miles, walk for a few seconds and run another .13 miles.  Compared to when I first started- that's improvement and I'll take it!  The neuropathy in my feet still remains, therefore; causing difficulting in walking much less running. Thankfully, my walking has gotten a lot better, but it's still deffinitly an issue that I wish could be elminated. I also can't wear "real" tennis shoes.  Since they're so bulky, (well, to me) all they result in is more difficulty in running and the occasional trip to the ground.  I've had the numbness in my feet for two years now and don't really remember what it feels like to have feeling in my feet. But I guess what you don't know (or in this case, remember) won't hurt you!

No comments:

Post a Comment