Saturday, June 4, 2011

I'm Feeling Some Results

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

While I sit here on my rest day and think about my run yesterday and how badly I wanted to quit before reaching the finish line. I recognize that I'm no longer hurting from the run; but just feeling the effects of not quiting. 
 I woke up with sore, stiff ankles as a result from the other day; but it is worth the discomfort as it will only last a short while.  To be able to say that I went from only being able to run a quarter mile to a mile in about a week and a half I think is pretty good. But that's just my thoughts. 
Although I am sore and stiff I am looking forward to my next run. Probably not to beat my mile just yet, but to stay consistent and let my body get use to something it hasn't done in over two years!

No comments:

Post a Comment