Monday, June 6, 2011

Breaking It Up

Today wasn't my best day; for running or my general feeling.  I am currently trying to ween off a steroid and got cut off by 1/3 of the dose; and I can tell my body is missing those extra 15 milligrams a day!   Until some of these side-effects like occasional dizziness random muscle aches and more nausea, I may have to schedule more of my training around the exercise bike, at least until my body gets use to this new dosage.

Despite this, I went out and ran.  I didn't get as far as I hoped and ran .41 miles. After a few minutes of walking I went back to do another .12 until my left knee started to bother me.  I'm not sure if I just needed to stretch  more or possibly pulled it, but for right now I am going to just keep an eye on it.  I was a little let down that I had only ran 3/4 a mile; but then I came to the realization that I couldn't have done most of that less than a week ago. I just need to keep my head up and keep my eye on the prize and brake those 24 miles up into sections. 
 The marathon is over 8 months away.  Technically, to be able to run all 24 miles by February, I would need to be able to gain 3 miles a month.  But, to be reasonable I will only make this months goal 2 miles.  By the end of June I WILL be at, at least 2 miles. No questions asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment