Friday, September 2, 2011

It's a 5K Kind of Day

You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Well over the weekend- I took a big shot; entering myself and father in a 5k race. 
On this particular day though, it was crazy hot! 100 degrees fahrenheit to be exact.  Within the first half mile, people who looked like legit runners were dropping like flies; I, at least waited until the first mile to drop and take a breather from the insane heat. 
I wasn't able to run as much as I would have liked partly due to the heat but probably mostly because I just plain wasn't up to 3 miles! But hey, it was a shot I wanted and needed to eventually take it. Now I know the race/ run atmosphere and I know what I need to work on.  After our long trek we completed our 5k in 52 minutes 39 seconds.  I bet I could have reached 52 minutes if I hadn't decided to puke before the last 200 yards. Bad decision, huh?
But I think experience only helps you to reach your ambition with sucess.

1 comment: